LCVSD's 2014 Primary Endorsements:
Sarah Boot -- City of San Diego, District 2
Carol Kim -- City of San Diego, District 6
David Alvarez -- City of San Diego, District 8
Jim Wood -- County Supervisor, District 5
Olga Diaz -- Escondido Mayor
Kevin Beiser -- San Diego School Board
Patricia Aguilar -- Chula Vista City Council
Mike Nichols -- Solana Beach Mayor
Mona Rios -- National City Council
San Diego Propositions B&C: YES!
Mission of LCVSD
LCVSD is a chapter of the California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), which seeks to protect the environmental quality of the state by working to elect environmentally responsible candidates and hold them accountable to the conservation agenda. By being an "on the ground" voice in the San Diego community, LCVSD provides an opportunity for environmental activists to directly impact the local electoral process while promoting environmental candidates.
| The Role of LCVSD
There are many ways that LCVSD is involved in promoting conservation candidates and policies, including:
- Recruiting & training candidates to run for office
- Endorsing candidates and propositions
- Supporting candidates & propositions by raising funds and coordinating volunteer activities
- Raising awareness of environmental candidates and issues by organizing forums, disseminating information to supporters, and engaging in media campaigns
- Promoting environmental policies through endorsement of environmental initiatives and through testimony on key policy decisions.